HUA n : an Islamic fundamentalist group in Pakistan that fought the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s; now operates as a terrorist organization primarily in Kashmir and seeks Kashmir's accession by Pakistan [syn: Harkat-ul-Mujahidin, HUM, Harkat ul-Ansar, Harkat ul-Mujahedeen, Al Faran, Movement of Holy Warriors]
- speech; talk; conversation; words; sayings; story
- language; parole
Usage notesEnglish transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
Hua or HUA may refer to:
- Huaxia, a name of China.
- Hua (surname), a Chinese surname
- Huá (滑), Chinese etymology of 滑.
- Hua (state), a state in ancient China prior to being destroyed by Qin Dynasty.
- Uar, the self designation (endonymic ethnicon) used by the Hephthalites.
- Hua people, living in the Eastern Highlands of Papua New Guinea.
HUA as an acronym can refer to:
hua in German: Hua
hua in French: Hua